Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

Sunday, October 9, 2011

This weekend

Two words: much needed.

It's funny how I was talking to my man Taylor just hours before Girls retreat about how I always feel like I'm not pretty enough or worthy enough for anyone. Little did I know what God was going to do Friday night.

It started off with some Zumba that kicked my butt. No, seriously. It was crazy. I've never exercised like that before, but after finishing, I felt amazing. Following my butt-kicking, of course, there was lots of candy and caffeine. Butt kicking and then butt growing? Come on, L Matson! ;)

It was late. I was tired. But then session came around. Amazing worship. Awesome speaking.
Wow. "The King is enthralled by your beauty."

I guess I didn't understand the complete meaning of "enthralled." God thinks I'm gorgeous.

God's opinion > Taylor's opinion
or any other person's opinion.

Girls (especially my age) struggle with the whole "I'm ugly/fat/stupid" thing all the time. I did for the longest time.

Why?

Our speaker put it like this: "Every time you look in the mirror and point out an imperfection, you tell God He made a mistake."

God? Mistakes? Not possible.

So why do we do it? This is a question I've been struggling with since Friday night.

Remember that

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord is worthy to be praised."
- Proverbs 31:30

Hugs and kisses
Toni

1 comment:

  1. Just read this post, Toni. I love you Toni. The King IS enthralled with you! And,... I love you too! :)

    ReplyDelete