Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.
1 Timothy 4:12

Monday, August 15, 2011

Starting off a little early...

Just a little.

Let me tell you a bit about myself.
I'm 16 and I'm a Junior in high school. I like to tie-dye and put unnatural colors in my hair, just because.
I'm different.

I am a Christian. I love the Lord with everything I am and ever will be. I've had some ups and downs in my faith, but God loves me anyway.

My story is one that shows the reality of redemption. God pulled me out of the depths of sin. 
I'm not always perfect, but I'm always willing to cry out on the name of God.

I also have plans to adopt (when I'm old enough, of course). Adoption is something that I think is super important and able to be done when God is in the process. 
God called me to love on his little children at the beginning of 2011. At first, I ignored this call.
But in June 2011, God slapped me in the face. I had the privilege to be a part of a group that went to New York. I ended up spending part of my 16th birthday in the New Jersey projects with little kids.
And I must say

it

broke 

me.

Being with kids who had barely ANYTHING and seeing their smiles and hearing their laughter made me fall on my knees before God and thank Him for what I knew would be a mighty work.

I may not be perfect, but God has given me a reason to love Him and others.

"And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you did it to me!'" - Matthew 25:40



1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm not sure I have words to express how incredibly PROUD I am of you! I know I'm not your mom but can I still be proud??!! You amaze me. Oh how I wish I had your heart and clarity of thought when I was your age. Keep fighting the good fight, running that race, and I can't wait to see where your journey takes you! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete